6m16 coach! Philippe d’Encausse speaker at the convention!
Mesdames et Messieurs, veuillez accueillir Philippe d’Encausse!
Yes, you got it right. He coaches “le roi” Renaud Lavillenie. 6m16. And not only him. OK. We leave you with his bio, one of the best french and world coaches!
Buy the tickets for the new edition of the Padova Pole Vault Convention!
Philippe, pole vault coach from Clermont-Ferrand, is son of Herve D’Encausse, european record holder in 1967 with 5m28 and in 1967 with 5m37, 3 times Olympian (1964, 1968 and 1972). Philippe started his athlete career at 16, jumping as personal best 5m75 and becoming two times Olympian in Seoul 1988 (8th place) and in Barcelona 1992 (14th place).
In 1996, he ended his career as an international athlete and began his coaching career the following year. After attending INSEP PARIS, the school of sport, he start working for French Athletic Federation in charge of Coach Training. At this moment he is Director of Pole Vault National Center of Clermont-Ferrand since 2003 and French National Pole vault coach, as well as being World Athletic formator of level 1 and 2.
His athletes won 11 medals in major championship (european, world, olympics) and reached 3 top five the last major championship with three different athletes (Eugene, Munich, Istanbul, Budapest). We give you a list of athlete he has worked with:
Main Female Athletes
- Marie POISSONNIER | 4m46 (2001)
- Agnes LIVEBARDON | 4m40 (2002)
- Marion LOTOUT | 4m60 (2013)
- Marion FIACK | 4m71 (2015)
- Elina GIARULACHIS | 4m51 (2022)
Main Male Athletes
- Jean-Marc TAILHARDAT | 5.70 (1999)
- Alain ANDJI | 5.85 (2002)
- Pierre-Charles PEUF | 5.70 (2003)
- Nicolas GUIGON | 5.75 (2011)
- Stanley JOSEPH | 5.75 (2011)
- Renaud LAVILLENIE | 6.16 (2012)
- Valentin LAVILLENIE | 5.85 (2012)
- Kevin MENALDO | 5.88 (2017)
- Ethan CORMONT | 5.82 (2021)
- Mathieu COLLET | 5.74 (2022)
- Thibaut COLLET | 5.90 (2022)
- Anthony AMMIRATI | 5.81 (2022)
- Alioune SENE | 5.76 (2023)
The news didn’t end here! Follow us on our social pages and subscribe to the newsletter below to stay updated on the news of this edition.